Sell A Business
I believe far more businesses would sell, if the owners only took the time to properly “prepare” themselves and their business for the sale.
Preparation is the “key” to selling a business. Preparation is the key to selling a business for the highest possible and it is the key to you putting more money in YOUR pocket!
If you see the value in preparation and would like to sell your business for the highest possible price, for the best possible Terms and in a way that puts more money in YOUR pocket, I can help you!
Specific to selling your small to medium-sized, privately owned business, in Canada.
- Get answers to your most pressing questions business owners have about the business selling process.
- My book discusses: Misinformation, What a “typical” buyer looks like, and How long it can take to properly prepare your business for a sale.
- Learn the specific reasons why other business owners were unable to sell their business.
- Learn how to avoid, very common, very costly mistakes.
- Learn the most cost effective way of selling your business.
- The only difference between the printed Book from Amazon and the eBook, is that the eBook does not include the first section of the complete course.
- This book should be considered as an Introduction to the Complete Course.
- The 8 Elements Approach To Selling A Business.
- This is the most comprehensive course you will find specific to selling a business.
- My course includes: Downloadable Templates, Detailed Selling A Business Questionnaires and Detailed Checklists.
- Buy my course and follow the advice contained within and:
- You will be learning the most cost effective way of selling a business.
- You will know that the value of your business has been optimized.
- You will know your business is financeable – in the likely event a buyer needs financing in order to buy your business.
- You will learn how to evaluate and valuate a business properly.
- I am going to teach you how to identify and avoid very common, very costly mistakes.
- Learn how to sell your business for the highest possible price, for the best possible Terms and in a way that puts more money in YOUR pocket!
- Plus SAVE tens of thousands of dollars in business broker fees.
- No Commission (save tens of thousands of dollars in business broker fees).
- While I would encourage you to purchase my complete course, I do offer one-on-one consulting to a small number of business owners each year.
- Based on the steps outlined in my complete course, we’ll work together to prepare your business for a sale, optimize its value and ensure your business is financeable.
- We’ll sell your business to that perfect individual or couple.
- I’ve met many a “unrepresented / misrepresented” business owner / seller who spent tens of thousands of dollars and failed to sell their business.
- I’ve met many a “unrepresented / misrepresented” business owner / seller who un-necessarily paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax and who sold their business for a fraction of what it could have been worth.
- If you’re looking for one-on-one consulting, specific to selling your business in Canada I can help you…
What My Clients Are Saying
Don’t just take it from me, let my clients do the talking!
The content of the book is great and definitely resonated with me. It definitely makes me want to complete the course and learn more.
I am very excited to proceed with the course. It is definitely resonating with me and is very timely.
After reading the book and Case Study, I’m really looking forward to the course itself, I think there is potential for me to learn a great deal from this!
The strongest thing that stood out for us was Matt’s integrity. Through this whole process we never doubted that we could trust him with every delicate detail of our business. Without a doubt, we could not have done this process without Matthew and would highly recommend his services.
The decision to sell your business to someone in your family is a big one. It might come from your desire to finally retire. It might be imposed on you because of a serious illness. The following are the 5 sequential steps you must take in order to successfully sell...read more
When it comes to selling your business, there are many very important steps you need to take. Ignoring or missing just one fundamental step in the business selling process can quickly turn your dream of selling your business into a complete nightmare. If you’re...read more
Selling a business is a complex process. As a business owner you need to understand that there is also a lot of misinformation out there that can and will jeopardize your chances of you ever selling your business. To help you I’ve compiled An 18 Step Comprehensive...read more
Frequently Asked Questions
Why "...8 Elements..."?
“8 Elements” refers to the fact that there are 8 elements of a business that effect value. Financial statements are just one of these 8 elements.
Polishing and optimizing each of these 8 elements equates to:
- You being able to sell your business for the highest possible price and for the most favourable Terms.
- You knowing that you will have a Sellable, Financeable Business.
- You knowing you will be putting the most amount of money in your pocket (and not someone else’s).
We will be discussing all 8 elements in detail. We will be discussing what buyers look for as well as what a buyers lender will look for.
Preparation and having the right advisors is the key to successfully selling a business – period.
Why should I buy your course?
The fact is, most business owners trying to sell their business today have done very little, if anything, to properly prepare themselves or their business for sale. They are “winging it” and assuming a buyer “…will see the potential” and its a recipe for disaster. Many of these business owners will never ever sell their business.
With more and more businesses forecast to come on the market for sale, it is essential that your business stands out from the crowd.
I’ve been through the business buying and selling process hundreds of times so I speak from first hand experience when I say selling a business is a complex process. Complexity can be minimized through preparation. Preparation reduces stress. Preparation maximizes your chances of you selling your business.
My course takes you step by step through the process of preparing your business for sale, and it takes you step by step through the process of selling your business.
Buy my course and follow the advice contained within and I promise you several great things will happen:
- You’ll be learning the most cost effective way of selling a business,
- You’ll know that the value of your business has been optimized,
- You’ll know your business is financeable – in the likely event a buyer needs financing in order to buy your business,
- You’ll learn how to Evaluate a business properly as well as learn the fundamentals to Valuating a business,
- I’m going to teach you how to identify and avoid very common, very costly, mistakes and how to sell a business in such a way that puts the most money in YOUR pocket!
You’ll be adding tens, even hundreds of thousands of dollars to the value of your business AND you’ll be putting the most money in YOUR pocket!
What does the business selling process looks like?
I have a number of FREE resources that you can refer to at anytime. Take a look at each of the following:
- Selling A Business 9 Step Quick Guide Infographic.
- An 18 Step Comprehensive Guide To Selling A Business In Canada.
Please do take a quick moment to “Like” and Subscribe – as this helps me get my message out to other business owners, just like yourself. Furthermore, Post A Comment (“…love the video – super helpful information!”) or post a question and I’ll personally respond!
What is a Business Broker?
It’s a question I get asked a lot. The answer is not as simple as you may think or have been lead to believe so I created a video article that answers this very question titled: What Is A Business Broker (as it relates to selling a business).
I’ve included a detailed discussion as to 8 Qualities Your Business Broker Must Possess.
Do you have more information on the content of your course?
Yes absolutely – The 8 Elements Approach To Selling A Business Course Curriculum.